Thursday, June 22, 2006

Peeking under my newest addition, I realize I'm fighting the adjustments to age. The bifocals are a drag. I can't seem to get the hang of them. If I look up through the distance I am ok, it is the reading part I struggle with. I have never worn glasses all the time, but headaches have started to insist that I try "readers" to ease the strain. Now, after all the years at the swimming pool with my kids, I no longer have toddlers teasing me with running long jumps into the deep end, just my youngest child flinging herself off the high dive. I'm loving the possibility of actually reading a book while the lifeguards do their job, only now, time has conspired against me.

This latest reminder of time flying off my fingertips has got me a bit undone. This summer is a special one for me. It is the first in a while that I haven't been working. It is fleeting. Not just ice cream melting in the sun quick, but, years flying by quick. I need to return to some form of gainful employment soon. I am savoring the riches summer has to offer.

The good news - I can still knit without needing my glasses. Wonder how long that will last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home