Wednesday, November 22, 2006

serendipity

In a blink, I have had two interviews in two days, for job possibilities I didn't anticipate. They are as diverse as possible and reveal my shifting desires. The first is for a "guest" teaching position at a charter or alternative school in our city. It is designed to meet the needs of budding artists of all sorts. Renaissance School for the Arts offers classes in specialty areas like ceramics, modern dance, poetry, theatre, mock combat training. They even offered a course of study on the "Beatles" this term. As I have never taught, but have recently gone back to school to be re-licensed, I have been looking for a chance to start small and test this "dropped" piece of me. I am so excited about this I could burst.

The other opportunity, (we'll see if they offer me a job) is back in the political/government world of my experience. The pay would no doubt be hugely different - but my heart at this time lies with the teaching. Cross your fingers for me please.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marietta said...

okay the artistic bias in me says go for the school - the in debt art of me says "go govt":) very cool either way - fingers crossed

Thursday, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home