Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Little Golden Books




I used to love to buy the Little Golden Books for my older daughters. Our visits to the grocery store almost always included the (distraction, bribery, joy) of picking out a new little book. These books were just right for chubby hands and diaper bags. We carried them everywhere. Yesterday, I woke up thinking of these little books, the "old" Sesame Street of Miami Mice, and teeny, weeny, super (?) guy on the plastic cup and good old "fozzy bear". My daughters loved these things and I'll admit to missing them a bit.
I searched my usual hiding and storage places for the books, but realized I have given them away over the years. I spent the afternoon searching used book stores and was startled to learn the company has gone out of business. These little books are now "collectibles". I found five of our favorites including one about the seasons. Fall triggered my remembering this little book
and my girls as little girls. I'm thoroughly thrilled with them as adults, but I miss the little things...

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I love your writing

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home